Total Rewards at Caleres
What's New for 2023
Caleres Medical Insurance Plan Objectives
We are committed to offering benefits that reflect your needs and expectations with the following objectives:
- Provide choice – our 2,500 Caleres Associates have different needs, so we offer a choice of medical coverages.
- Provide effectiveness – Caleres self-insures all components of our medical coverage which allows us to control plan design to best serve our Associates’ needs.
- Remain competitive – we strive to remain competitive with our peer group for the value of our plans and the cost share between Caleres and our Associates.
- Provide ways to maximize your benefits and save money – you can take advantage of preventive care at 100%, use network providers, pursue a healthy lifestyle, manage chronic conditions and participate in available programs, and communicate effectively with your healthcare providers.
New Medical Plan
Based on employee feedback, we have made changes. In 2023, Caleres is introducing a new medical plan option, the Surest Plan, by United Healthcare. Plan highlights include a zero deductible, no coinsurance, copays with negotiated rates and typically 100% coverage of preventive care. With the Surest Plan, you have more control, flexibility and opportunities to manage your healthcare decisions and budget.
Find out more:
- Go to britehr.app/Caleres2023
- See the Surest summary of benefits (English/Spanish)
- Get questions answered at Surest Plan FAQs
- For in depth questions on if this plan is right for you, please call Surest at 1-866-683-6400 to schedule a 15 minute consultation, or use the chat feature in the app.
Medical Plan Enhancements
As a result of feedback received from Caleres Associates, we have made multiple enhancements to the UHC plans and the Surest plan for 2023. Acupuncture is now a covered service, with a visit limit of 60 visits per year. Visit limits for Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT), Speech Therapy, Cardiac rehabilitation & Pulmonary rehabilitation have all been increased from 40 visits per year to 60 visits per year, allowing Caleres Associates more freedom when seeking conservative care.
NEW MetLife Voluntary Plans
Critical Illness and Accident Insurance will change from UNUM to MetLife with less cost and more coverage. Through MetLife’s Voluntary Plans, you can supplement your medical plan coverage and provide you and your family with the additional coverage and financial protection you may need for expenses associated with an unplanned covered accident, illness or hospitalization. This year, you can consider coverage under the following plans:
These plans pay benefits directly to you. What you do with the money is all up to you.
- 2023 Open Enrollment Mailer (English)
- 2023 Open Enrollment Mailer (Spanish)
- 2023 Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan Rates for associates hired after 1/1/2022
- Register at Caremark.com
- How to Register at Caremark.com
Contact MDFCaleres@ceridian.com or call 1-866-279-4357.
What happens if I don’t actively enroll in 2023 benefits?
- Your healthcare coverage will remain the same in 2023, but your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions will not continue, as well as your participation in parking/transit FSAs. You must enroll in these plans if you wish to participate in 2023.
- If you are currently in the 50/50 Plan and want to continue medical insurance coverage through Caleres, you must choose another plan.
- You won’t have an opportunity to make changes until the next annual open enrollment period, unless you experience a qualified life event (for example, a birth, adoption, marriage or divorce).